Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rice Paddies Completed

Was able to glue down the rice plants tonight and pour the water. Here are some images. To my eye, it looks pretty good. 

The rice plant material comes on a cord and is quite tiny. The strips are about 8" long and are cut to size before gluing.

The "Rice Plants"



Before the water

Before the water
The next shot is after the water has been poured. In the image, it is sort of hard to make out as it just appears to be cloudy areas. I thought about adding a little paint to the water mixture before pouring it so that the water appeared to be muddy. But, I wondered what that would do to the chemical reaction that hardens the water and figured that since I painted and textured the bottom, that it would look fine. Well, I just don't know how I like this, I sort of don't. I may mix a small amount with some paint and see if it hardens. If that works, I'll likely pour a small layer on top of this layer.

After the water
 The next shot shows a near-ground-level view of the paddy and shows how the plants remain above the water line. The plants seem to have soaked up some of the resin, so they should be somewhat resistant to the placement of troops on top of them.

After the water

2 comments:

  1. Tony, would you like some pictures of rice paddies? I see rice paddies all the time now. In fact, even walked through a few here and there. They can be very green and wet ;-)

    -Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! A snap or two of that would be good. Google has a ton of images too. I need to improve these padies.

    ReplyDelete