Sunday, November 7, 2010

More Vietnam Terrain

Made a little more progress today on the Vietnam boards. Got some paint and flock down and build one building. The building's roof lifts off and there is room for two elements of troops inside. Need to apply more flock here and there...and...the trees need some sort of treatment, as they look too much like cake decorations.

I think that what I am going to do is place some of the palm trees directly into the board, along with some other plants and also make some "bases" that are populated with palms and plants that can be used to fill gaps. I think that in this manner, I can get game-quality dense jungle without all of the hassles of permanently fixed trees.

Yes, this is for Vietnam and yes, those are German miniatures...but...I don't yet have any Vietnam miniatures, so the Germans are filling in for now to help me keep perspectives.




No comments:

Post a Comment