Saturday, July 10, 2010

The War Cabinet

We took delivery today of a display cabinet that my wife bought for "my little men". It is upstairs in my office. The office is actually undergoing a little bit of a transformation - getting rid of the old crappy computer desk - adding the display cabinet - adding a 3.5' X 3.5' table for small gaming. The new desk won't arrive for about 10 more days. When completed, I'll post more images. In the fall, my mother is coming out and will help me choose a wall color and do some wall painting.

For now, here are some images of the display cabinet. I am filling it with miniatures that play well in a small gaming setting. The top two shelves hold the 28MM pirate collection. The next two shelves hold the 28MM Old West collection. The fifth shelf in the top half hold some of the 28MM dark ages collection. The remainder will be stored in the closet. The bottom half has no shelves at present, as I used them all in the top half. So, we'll get some glass cut for additional shelves in a few weeks. I think that those shelves are reserved for the 28MM American Civil War miniatures. However, they don't play well in the small gaming environment. So I may keep them otherwise stored and place 28MM zombies and 15MM Napoleonics on the remaining shelves. I have a few weeks in which to decide...

The mirrors on the back have a nice effect...



























4 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! I'm making do with a CD/DVD cabinet from IKEA, with some extra glass shelves. It's nice, but lacks the sheer class of yours. The mirrors are a nice touch, as you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DawnOfTheLead, thanks for the great comment, much appreciated.

    By the way, I am a big fan of your blog and check it often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great to hear, Tony! I think miniature bloggers need to stick together. Oh, and it's Mikko by the way, the openID just insists on commenting as dawnofthelead.com :D Maybe I'll just use the name/URL method for comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Mikko, very glad to make your acquaintance! I am Tony.

    ReplyDelete