Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hmmm. DBN or Black Powder?

OK, I have a bit of a quandary. I like the rule set "Black Powder" - it is good fun, a good club game. It is my set of choice currently for 28MM American Civil War. I also have began a collection of 10MM American Civil War for Repique. It is Napoleonics where my issue is.

I like DBN (see earlier post). I like it because you can lay out some troops and bang into a game straight away. This is also possible with Black Powder...but Black Powder is playing more fun to me. I think I am going to play Black Powder over DBN, simply on the notion of the special flavor you can give to units and leaders and the depth of that flavor.

We'll see how things go. I am working on an 1809 Black Powder scenario about the battle for Aderklaa during the Battle of Wagram. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment